ວິກິພີເດຍ:Lao Unicode Support
The easiest thing to see and the most hardest thing to do is to find the webpage that is in Lao language, in this country, Lao. You're right here! But, you don't see the language because you don't have Lao Unicode Support. Download Lao Unicode to see Lao language in this website. The below explain you what to do.
For foreigners : If you wish to see Lao language, you may take about 10 - 15 minutes or longer to do so. If you just wish to see the language then it might take more time than you wish.
First step : DownloadEdit
You may see the notice already. Get it from that website. Just accept it. But remember, you can't type Lao any way, unless you already have the Lao Keyboard. This is for viewing Lao on this website. For the typing purpose see below
Second step : SettingsEdit
Once you've download. Go to where you download it. For example, my one is in WinZip. I open it. Then, I choose :
"Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Fonts"
Then another window come. Or maybe, you have :
"Start" -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel" -> "Fonts".
They are the same! If it's not like this, it has to be :
"Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Appearance and Personalization" -> "Fonts"
Click on the document on WinZip. Then Copy it into the "Fonts" one. (By Copying/Pasting). Close this website. Open it again. Now you will see Lao language!
Lao compatibile softwareEdit
Lao was not officially released for Windows until the 'Windows Vista' Microsoft Windows help page. Although user generated fonts are freely avalible online, requiring the user to download the fonts, place them into the "Windows", "Fonts", folder, and then open a "Internet Explorer" window and select the following; "Tools", "Internet Options", and on the 'General' tab, they need to click on the "Fonts" option and then select the font that they downloaded. AMERILAO.org site How to "Setup Internet Explorer to read Lao font".
Last step : Typing LaoEdit
You may use a keyboard service online here. Use the keyboard in "English" and then type it as it is Lao keyboard. Finally, click "Copy" and paste on this Wikipedia.
There are other ways to type Lao in Windows XP (and below) by using LaoScript for Windows (Link)
You may be using Windows Vista - which already support Lao Unicode since Windows Vista is shipped with ”DokChamma“ font. To test that you're using Vista, check out the text below :
If you can read it then you are fine and needless to install Lao font again. Only thing to do is to add Lao keyboard layout in the language bar.
Review download websitesEdit
- Most modern Linux Distribution including Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, etc have built-in Lao Unicode font and also have Lao Keyboard. Configurations are depended on which distribution.
- The Linux keymap for Lao keyboard can be downloaded here
- As of Mac OS X 10.7 (Mac OS Lion) Lao Unicode fonts "Lao MN" and "Lao Sangam MN" are built in.
- Mac OS X compatible keyboard layout and additional Unicode fonts may be downloaded here.
If you are able to read the following text you already have Lao fonts installed:
Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag; refs with no name must have content== iOS (iPod Touch/iPhone iPad)==
- As of iOS 13 there seems native unicode font support for Lao although no system wide keyboard yet. Currently there is at least one free app which allows input of any Unicode character, and a paid app that supports Lao keyboard input although (due to security restrictions prohibiting an app from operating outside of its "container") the keyboard is only available within the app. Once Lao text has been entered it is possible to send it as SMS or email or paste it into other apps.
- For those with iPhones which have been "jailbroken" there is an unsupported Lao keyboard available.
ຫລັງຈາກນີ້ ທ່ານອາດສົງໄສວ່າເວັບນີ້ແມ່ນຫຍັງ ກະລຸນາເບິ່ງຄຳຕອບໄດ້ທີ່ ວິກິພີເດຍ